Building Materials - Project 1 Solid vs Void

Posted by Yung on 1:32 AM with 1 comment
Solid vs Void
In this project, we are to create a model which reflect the understanding of solid and void, light and shadow. The model can be made out of any materials but maximum 3 types, the material we used must be relate to the topic as well and form a strong bond with the model. A presentation board is required.

The shape I choose was cuboid because in my opinion it is the most efficiency and effective shape. My model will be a combination of cubiod to form a bigger cubiod frame. Inside the cubiod frame is void space, there I can use my creativity to make someting on it, for example, using stick-liked cuboid frame with sequence from small to big to create a visual effect of depth. Then, use different sizes of cubiod with different material and stacking it up to give a elevated kind of visual effect.
As for the material I used, are aluminium sheet because of it hardness, plastic sheet, and cardboard.

Model and Presentation board