Studio 2, Project 2b: Retreat House
Posted by Yung on 12:02 PM with No comments
Deisng a retreat house for specific client, this is what we are doing in this project. The site will be the same as project 2a, we are to design retreat house, again base on the site context with the help of those analysis. The client give to me is "Romantic Botanist" specialize in breeding plants.
For me, I choose to build the retreat house our to the sea on the rock area because of my client nature, which is do not disturb the nature. Area are begin categorize and separate into different blocks and connecting by the circulation along the house. Garden will be placed alongside the structure and a working area will also be available for the client. I tend to enlongate the structure instead of having another floor, this is for the benefit to the garden. With all the blocks and garden placement, It is facing different direction and able to absorbe sunlight in different time, so if the structure is too high, it will defeat this purpose.
Presentation boards and model:
For me, I choose to build the retreat house our to the sea on the rock area because of my client nature, which is do not disturb the nature. Area are begin categorize and separate into different blocks and connecting by the circulation along the house. Garden will be placed alongside the structure and a working area will also be available for the client. I tend to enlongate the structure instead of having another floor, this is for the benefit to the garden. With all the blocks and garden placement, It is facing different direction and able to absorbe sunlight in different time, so if the structure is too high, it will defeat this purpose.
Presentation boards and model:
There are many opinion I recieve from other, but I knew that as a person, we cannot statisfy other as they have different view, opinion or perspective from there point of view, and it is different from mine too. So for me, what really matter is the journey and experience I can get from doing any of this project, I will keep on invade and discover what is the best design for me and others.
Categories: Design Studio 2, SABD Sem 2
0 comments:
Post a Comment